Qik.com - Record and Stream Videos Live!!
The developers at Qik have been working day and night to bring you the world’s first live video streaming application for the Apple iPhone 3G! We have received so many requests and wonderful feedback, and we know how eager you all are to get streaming on the iPhone - we have decided to launch straight into public beta!
Here's how you can get started:
1. If you have not already, you'll need to sign up at QIK | Streaming video right from your phone and receive an SMS from us to activate the application.
2. Launch Cydia.
3. Go to the "Sections" tab at the bottom and scroll down to "Multimedia."
4. Under Multimedia, you will find Qik. Tap on it then select "Install" at the top right, then in the same spot tap "Confirm."
5. Now you will see Qik get installed. You may hit the "Return to Cydia" button at the bottom or just quit Cydia when it is done installing.
6. You'll now notice a "Qik" icon on your home screen - Go ahead and launch it.
7. As long as your initial signup SMS/text message is still in your inbox for the first launch, your account will be linked to your device.
8. Make sure you have 3G service or are on WiFi (edge is not sufficient enough to stream video) before you begin broadcasting.
9. Hit record and enjoy Qik!
For more information, check out Qik announces iPhone 3G support! by Michael » QIK